Privacy Policies & Terms
As consideration for the right to participate in the Boolean Girl Computer Animation Camps and/or other activities and services provided by KnetKit Inc and Boolean Girl, its agents and employees, I, on behalf of myself, my executors, administrators, heirs, next of kin, and successors, hereby covenant to hold harmless and indemnify the County and all of its officers, departments, agencies, agent and employees from any and all claims, losses, damages, injuries, fines, penalties and costs (including court costs and attorney’s fees). charges, liabilities, or exposures, however caused, resulting from, arising out of, or in any connection to my or any minor family members participation in the above described program. There are people taking pictures and videos during these camps. This includes other students, parents, and staff. Pictures and videos taken by Boolean Girl are used on the Boolean Girl website and on Boolean Girl social media accounts. By registering for the camp you are authorizing Boolean Girl to take and use images and videos. We take care to always use images and videos appropriately and generally use pictures and videos depicting camp attendees as a whole versus showing one individual up close. Questions may be addressed to [email protected]/. I have read and understand this INDEMNIFICATION AND HOLD HARMLESS AGREEMENT and by my enrollment in the camp agree to its terms.
General Summer Camp Refund Policy
We know plans change. You can register for camp (or change your mind and cancel) up until May 31 without penalty. In this case, all of your tuition will be refunded, and we will not charge fees or assess penalties, because we are a community-based nonprofit, and we want our students and families to feel as comfortable as possible.
We do need to plan our staffing and make commitments to our instructors to provide them jobs. If you need to cancel after May 31 you can reschedule to a different date without any fees or penalties based on space availability. You can also transfer your registration to a family member or friend. Payments, less the non-refundable $50 deposit, are refundable up to 2 weeks before the start of camp.
You can also switch from an in-person to an online camp up until the week before camp starts. (We need one week’s notice to manage our staffing needs.) Please email us at [email protected] if you have any questions.
LAST UPDATED: Feb 12, 2021
You agree that any use by you of the website shall constitute your acceptance of this agreement.
If you do not agree to the terms of this agreement, please refrain from using the website.
If you have any questions, comments, or requests, please contact us at [email protected]
ACCESS AND USE OF THE WEBSITE(S)
- 1.1. In consideration of you agreeing to abide by the terms of this agreement, we hereby grant to you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, license to use the website on the terms of this agreement.
- 1.2 Access to the website is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service we provide on the website without notice. We will not be liable for any reason if the website is unavailable at any time or for any period.
- 1.3 Occasionally, we may restrict access to some parts of the website, or our entire website, to users who have registered with us.
- 1.5 You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to the website. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access the website through your internet connection are aware of these terms, and that they comply with them.
- 1.6 You must not misuse the website by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorized access to the website, the server on which the website resides or any server, computer or database connected to the website. You must not attack the website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
- 1.7 If you breach clause 1.6, you will be breaking the law. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities, and we will cooperate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, we reserve the right to immediately cease your right to use the website.
- 1.8 We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of the website or to your downloading any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
- 1.9 When you visit the website and/or submit an order, you are communicating with us electronically, and you agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that we send to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
OTHER APPLICABLE TERMS
- our terms and conditions of supply, which sets out the terms and conditions on which we sell products listed on the website to you.
- 2.2 If you subscribe for any of our other services you will also have to agree to the terms that govern the service you have subscribed for (as applicable).
- 3.1 In order to use this website, you must be 18 years of age or over, or have the consent of a parent or guardian.
- 3.2 You must not use the website in any way that causes, or is likely to cause, the website or access to it to be interrupted, damaged or impaired in any way.
- 3.3 You agree that when using the website (including the sending of material via the website) you will comply with all applicable laws and this agreement. In particular, but without limitation, you agree not to:
- use the website in any unlawful manner, for any fraudulent purposes or in a manner which promotes or encourages illegal activity; or
- breach any law, statute, contract, or regulation;
- act in a manner that is obscene, defamatory, abusive, indecent, libellous, unlawfully threatening, unlawfully harassing or otherwise objectionable;
- provide false, inaccurate or misleading information;
- send, use or reuse any material that: (i) is in breach of copyright, design, trademark, confidence, privacy or any other right; (ii) otherwise injurious to third parties; and/or (iii) contains software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any “spam”: and
- cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or
- use an anonymizing proxy.
- 3.4 Notwithstanding clause 3.3, you agree to indemnify us in full and on demand from and against any loss, damage, costs or expenses which we suffer or incur directly or indirectly as a result of your use of the website other than in accordance with this agreement or any applicable laws.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY, SOFTWARE AND CONTENT
- 4.1 All content, such as lessons, code, code snippets, coding concepts, coding examples, projects, text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, audio clips, digital downloads, data and software included or used in the website is the exclusive property of Boolean Girl, its affiliates or its suppliers and is protected by national and international laws protecting intellectual property and other rights.
- 4.2 All intellectual property rights, including, without limitation, all copyrights, database rights, rights in trademarks (except as specifically provided below), rights in designs, rights in know-how, rights in patents and inventions as well as all other intellectual or industrial property rights, relating to any information, content, materials, data or processes contained in the website belong to Boolean Girl, its affiliates and/or its content suppliers. All such intellectual property rights of Boolean Girl, its affiliates and/or its content suppliers are hereby reserved.
- 4.3 The Scratch Cat and block images are used with permission of MIT. Scratch is a project of the Lifelong Kindergarten group at the MIT Media Lab. It is available for free at https://scratch.mit.edu. Scratch is a project of the Lifelong Kindergarten group at the MIT Media Lab. It is available for free at https://scratch.mit.edu.
- 4.4 Except where expressly stated to the contrary, all persons (including their names and images), third party trademarks and images of third party products, services and/or locations featured on this website are in no way associated, linked or affiliated with Boolean Girl. Any trademarks/names featured on this website are owned by the respective trademark owners. Where a trademark or brand name is referred to, it is used solely to describe or identify the products and/or services and it is in no way an assertion that such products or services are endorsed by Boolean Girl.
- The Scratch Cat and block images are used with permission of MIT. Scratch is a project of the Lifelong Kindergarten group at the MIT Media Lab. It is available for free at https://scratch.mit.edu. Scratch is a project of the Lifelong Kindergarten group at the MIT Media Lab. It is available for free at https://scratch.mit.edu.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- 5.2 To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to the website or any content on it, whether express or implied.
- 5.3 We will not be liable to any user for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, the website; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on the website.
- 5.4 If you are a business user, please note that in particular, we will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
- 5.5 If you are a consumer user, please note that we only provide the website for domestic and private use. You agree not to use the website for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
- 5.6 We assume no responsibility for the content of websites linked on the website. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by us of those linked websites. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
- 5.7 Different limitations and exclusions of liability will apply to liability arising as a result of the supply of any goods by use to you, which will be set out in our terms and conditions of supply.
LINKING TO THIS WEBSITE
- 6.1 You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
- 6.2 You must not establish a link from any website that is not owned by you.
NO RELIANCE ON INFORMATION
- 8.1 The content on our website is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice upon which you should rely. You must obtain advice from a professional or specialist before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on the website.
- 8.2 Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on the website, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on the website is accurate, complete or up-to-date.
CHANGES TO THESE TERMS
- Terms and Conditions of Supply
This page (together with the documents expressly referred to in it) tells you information about us and the legal terms and conditions (“Terms”) on which we sell any of the products (“Products”) listed on our websites, www.booleangirl.org/, www.booleangirl.com, www.booleanbox.com, www.booleanbox.org (the “website”).
- These Terms will apply to any contract between us for the sale of Products to you (“Contract”). Please read these Terms carefully and make sure that you understand them, before ordering any Products from the website. Please note that by ordering any of our Products, you agree to be bound by these Terms and the other documents expressly referred to in it.
- You should print a copy of these Terms or save them to your computer for future reference.
INFORMATION ABOUT US
- 1.1 We are Knetkit Inc, incorporated in Arlington, Virginia.
- 1.2 To contact us, please send email to [email protected]
- 1.3 If we have to contact you, we will do so by telephone or by writing to you at the email address or postal address you provided to us in your order.
- 2.1 The images of the Products on the website or our social media accounts are for illustrative purposes only. Although we have made every effort to display the colors accurately, we cannot guarantee that your computer’s display of the colors accurately reflect the color of the Products. Your Products may vary slightly from those images.
- 2.2 The packaging of the Products may vary from that shown on images on the website or our social media accounts.
- 2.3 All Products shown on the website or our social media accounts are subject to availability. We will inform you by email as soon as possible if the Product you have ordered is not available, and we will not process your order if made.
USE OF THE WEBSITE
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- The following clause 5.1 only applies to you if you are a consumer:
- 5.1 You may only purchase Products from the website if you are at least 18 years old or have the consent from a parent or guardian.
- The following clauses 5.2 – 5.4 only apply to you if you are a business:
- 5.2 You confirm that you have authority to bind any business on whose behalf you use the website to purchase Products.
- 5.3 You acknowledge that in entering into this Contract you do not rely on any statement, representation, assurance or warranty (whether made innocently or negligently) that is not set out in these Terms or any document expressly referred to in them.
- 5.4 You and we agree that neither of us shall have any claim for innocent or negligent misrepresentation or negligent misstatement based on any statement in this Contract.
HOW THE CONTRACT IS FORMED BETWEEN YOU AND US
- 6.1 Our order process allows you to check and amend any errors before submitting your order to us. Please take the time to read and check your order at each page of the order process.
- 6.2 After you place an order, you will receive an e-mail from us acknowledging that we have received your order. Please note, however, that this does not mean that your order has been accepted. Our acceptance of your order will take place as described in clause 6.3.
- 6.3 We will confirm our acceptance to you by sending you an e-mail. The Contract between us will only be formed when we send you this confirmation email.
- 6.4 If we are unable to supply you with a Product, for example because that Product is not in stock or no longer available or because of an error in the price on the Website as referred to in clause 12, we will inform you of this by e-mail and we will not process your order. If you have already paid for the Products, we will refund you the full amount as soon as possible.
OUR RIGHT TO VARY THESE TERMS
- 7.1 We may revise these Terms from time to time. Every time you order Products from us, the Terms in force at that time will apply to the Contract between you and us.
- 7.2 Whenever we revise these Terms in accordance with this clause 7, we will keep you informed and give you notice of this by stating that these Terms have been amended and by updating the relevant date at the top of this page.