Start a Club
Clubs can be hosted in schools, libraries, community centers, faith-based organizations, or nonprofits.
They are led by our trained instructors. Our instructors are university students, teachers or other community members who are trained and qualified to lead a programming or engineering class.
The instructors work with coaches, who can be teachers, parents or other community volunteers. Coaches do not need engineering or programming expertise; we expect them to learn alongside their Boolean Girls.
What You Provide
- Space – a regular space to accommodate all members of the club, such as a classroom, library, or meeting room.
- A volunteer coach for the club.
- A place to store the programming equipment between meetings of the club.
What We Provide
- A Boolean Box for each club member. What is a Boolean Box? A build-it-yourself computer and engineering kit. Kids can open the kit, assemble their computer, and get started coding. Learn More
- A trained, qualified instructor.
- On-line Registration.
- Curriculum and other learning tools.
- News and invitations to special events in your area.
What is expected of the Club Coach?
To make the program successful, we need a parent or teacher to volunteer as a club coach. The coach will assist during club meetings and will help outside the classroom by handling administrative duties, such as securing a room, handling logistics, etc. The time commitment is typically a couple of hours per week.
Ideally, the coach is one person who can lead club meeting and administer the club.
- Assist the instructor.
- Help inform the school community about the program and act as a liaison to the school and PTA.
- Recruit and register girls for the club
This is a great opportunity for a teacher that wants to improve their STEM skills. We provide training and curriculum that teachers are welcome to use in their own classrooms, such as our “Hour of Code” modules.
Boolean Girl Instructors
Boolean Girl instructors work with the coach to make the club work. Instructors are responsible for leading the educational portions of the clubs
A typical Boolean Girl instructor is:
- A College Student
- Majoring in Engineering, Computer Science, or Education
- Is passionate about girls in STEM, diversity, and technology
- Trained by Boolean Girl
- Paid for her work
Becoming an instructor is a great way to make a little money, gain real work experience, and have a real impact on diversifying the industries of the future.
Ready to Start?